How to make a Creamy Rice with Chicken.
Ingredients: Serves 2-4
- 150 g Arborio Rice
- 250 g Chicken
- 1 Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Tomatoes
- 100 g Mushrooms
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 200 ml White wine
- 2 Chicken stock cubes
- Black pepper
- Peel and finely chop the onion and the garlic.
- Cut the pepper and the tomatoes into cubes.
- Peel and cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Chop the chicken into 2x2cm cubes approximately.
- Put 2 tbsp of olive oil into a large pot at medium heat and toss the chicken until golden.
- Then remove and keep it aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and the garlic, cook it for 1-2 minutes and then add the onion with a pinch of salt and fresh black pepper.
- Stir and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Once the onion is cooked, toss the peppers and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes more stirring on and off.
- Now that the base of the sauce is almost ready, toss the pieces of chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes to bring all the flavours together and add the wine.
- Once the alcohol has evaporated add the rice, a pinch of salt and the mixed herbs.
- Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- The secret to get a creamy rice is to cook the rice on low heat and stirring constantly.
- Set the heat to medium-low and add to the pot the 2 stock cubes, turmeric and 250 ml of water and start cooking the rice stirring continuously for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes more.
- After this, add other 250ml of water and keep cooking the rice stirring continuously for 15 minutes approximately, or until the rice is soft and creamy.
- Rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]