How to make a Creamy Prawn Korma.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 500g peeled raw tiger prawns, deveined
- 3 tbsp Korma curry paste
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 20g fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 500ml cold water
- 2 tbsp double or single cream
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 20g bunch of fresh coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- flaked sea salt
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick saucepan or sauté pan and stir in the onions, garlic and ginger.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook the onions and garlic over a medium heat for 10 minutes until pale golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and stir in the curry paste.
- Cook for a further minute, while stirring, then add the water and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat slightly and simmer for 8–10 minutes, uncovered, until the liquid has reduced by half and the onions are very soft.
- Remove the pan from the heat and, using a stick blender, blitz to a smooth sauce.
- Stir in the cream and sugar, season with a little salt and put the pan back on the heat.
- Add the prawns to the pan, bring to a simmer and cook for 3–4 minutes, stirring, until the prawns are completely pink and beginning to curl.
- Sprinkle the fresh coriander over the top, stir well and serve the korma immediately with a small portion of rice.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.