How to make a Creamy Leek and Almond Soup.
Ingredients: 4 servings
- 6 thin leeks cleaned and diced
- 2 small potatoes cut into matchsticks
- 2 small sweet onions diced
- 2 cups of cold whole milk
- 2 cups of chicken broth or vegetable broth to make the recipe vegetarian friendly
- 30 raw almonds
- 1 egg yolk optional
- Bacon optional, omit for vegetarian version and substitute fried leeks or croutons if desired
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Dash of cayenne
- Coat a skillet with olive oil over medium heat and add the almonds.
- Sauté until golden brown and reserve.
- Add the onions and leeks to the same oil and sauté about 10 minutes.
- Add the potato matchsticks and cover the vegetables with the broth and some extra water (if necessary).
- Add salt and pepper and cook over a low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, if using the bacon, fry on a medium heat rendering out the fat and then reserve on a paper towel.
- Beat the egg yolks into the cold milk and add to the blender.
- Slowly add in the leek/onion/potato mixture and almonds and beat until creamy.
- For a super smooth soup, pass the puree through a strainer with a spoon (recommended because of the almond grit).
- Reheat until hot and serve sprinkled with bacon bits.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.