How to make Creamy Garlic Mussels.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 1Kg half shell mussels, frozen
- 100g butter
- half a cup of flour
- 2 heaped teaspoons of garlic
- 250ml cream
- 2.5 cups of milk
- A handful of chives (plus some for garnish)
- Remove the mussels from packaging and place in a sieve allowing any excess water to be removed.
- Set mussels aside.
- In a large pot on the stove, melt your butter on a medium heat.
- Add flour and mix into the butter until it combines.
- Add garlic and allow the mixture to bubble for a minute or two.
- Using a whisk, add cream and stir constantly at the boil, this mixture will thicken quickly.
- Add milk and continue to stir with the whisk until the mixture thickens nicely.
- Add salt and pepper and chopped chives.
- Add mussels to the white sauce mixture and simmer for 10 minutes until the mussels are cooked and the sauce absorbs a lovely seafood flavour.
- Serve with rice and/or a french loaf to soak up the sauce.
- Garnish the top of with a few freshly chopped chives.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]