How to make a Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 pint cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 8 carrots, sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup whole wheat
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup dry wild rice
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the shallots, carrots, celery and seasonings and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until the shallots are tender and translucent.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Slowly whisk in the broth, in small increments, until a slurry forms.
- Once all the broth has been added, bring to a boil and add the rice and mushrooms.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 45-50 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chicken and milk.
- Stir well to combine.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]