How to make a Creamy Chicken Marsala.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Pound the chicken with a mallet to 1/4 inch thickness or until uniformly even.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken in 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes per side or until the chicken is about 170C degrees.
- Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil until tender, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute longer.
- Add the wine.
- Scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen any brown bits.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the liquid is reduced by a third, for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in the heavy cream and a pinch of salt.
- Return to a boil and cook until slightly thickened, about another 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add 1/3 cup of Gorgonzola cheese.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and the chicken is heated through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Top the chicken with mushrooms and sauce.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and garnish with parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]