How to make a Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pie.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
For the Pie filling:
- 450 g chicken, chopped
- 4 bacon rashers
- 1 onion, chopped
- 350 ml chicken stock
- 200 ml creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp cornflour, mixed with a little water
For the Pastry topping:
- 1 ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg for glazing
- Sautee onion then add bacon and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken until fully cooked.
- Add the chicken stock, crème fraiche, corn flour with water and pepper.
- Simmer until sauce has thickened.
- Pour into your pie tray/ceramic dish and leave to cool for 10 -15 minutes.
- Place the puff pastry over the top, pushing the sides down.
- Glaze the top of the pastry with your beaten egg to make it nice and golden brown.
- Pierce a few air holes on the top of the pastry to allow it to breathe.
- Bake in the over 190C-200C for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]