How to make a Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
FOR THE CAJUN SPICE MIX:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
FOR THE SHRIMP PASTA:
- 2 teaspoons TABASCO® Original Red Sauce
- 16 extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces linguine
- 5 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all Cajun spice mix ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk together.
- In another mixing bowl toss together shrimp, oil and half of the spice mix until shrimp is evenly coated.
- Allow mixture to sit for 15 minutes.
- Fill a large pot with water, place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add a small handful of salt and add linguine.
- Cook linguine, stirring occasionally until al dente, for 7 to 9 minutes.
- Drain pasta and set aside, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and melt 1 ½ tablespoon butter.
- Add half the shrimp and sear on each side for about 3 minutes or until shrimp just turns opaque and barely cooks through.
- Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Return skillet to stove and melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add onion and bell peppers and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle vegetables with remaining spice mix and continue to saute for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Deglaze skillet with pasta water and simmer until water evaporates and vegetables have softened.
- Transfer vegetables to the plate with the shrimp.
- Return skillet to stove and melt remaining butter.
- Add cream to skillet and simmer until cream has reduced by 1/3, for about 4 minutes.
- Add TABASCO® Original Red Sauce and grated Parmesan to cream and stir together until sauce thickens enough to coat a wooden spoon.
- Add pasta to sauce and toss together.
- Add shrimp, vegetables and cilantro to skillet and continue to toss together until everything is evenly coated in sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss together.
- Top pasta with sliced green onion and serve.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.