How to make a Creamy Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 1 pound chicken thighs (boneless or bone in)
- 12 ounces whole cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or pot over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken and place it on a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the skillet.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until softened.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir.
- Deglaze the pan with the ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cook for another few minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet.
- Cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes over low heat, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Follow the same for chicken breasts, just be sure to check the internal temperature.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]