How to make Couscous Stuffed Bell Peppers.
Ingredients for 3 servings:
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 pack of couscous (use whatever the instructions recommend for 3 servings)
- one carrot
- one zucchini
- one big onion
- some chicken stock (the one suggested in the couscous package)
- half a teaspoon of ground cumin
- half a teaspoon of red ground paprika
- 5 grams of toasted and salty cashews
- a branch of fresh mint leaves
- some salt and olive oil
- Wash and dry the peppers.
- Preheat oven at 180ºC.
- Place the peppers on a tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, let them cool.
- Cut their upper part, clean from the seeds and reserve.
- Clean and mince the mint leaves (aprox 8)and reserve.
- Peel the onion and the carrot and cut in small dices, reserve.
- Wash the zuchinni and cut in small dices, reserve.
- In a big sauce pan, pour some olive oil (enough to slightly cover the surface) and place all the veggies: onion for 2 minutes, add the carrot and zucchini, add some salt and cook at medium heat for 7 minutes while you stir it all.
- Add the cashews and stir for another 30 seconds.
- Dress with the cumin and paprika, stir and reserve out of the heat.
- Prepare the couscous following the package instructions and use chicken stock instead of water.
- Also add the minced mint leaves and a dash of olive oil.
- Use a fork to give some air to the couscous and add the veggies to it.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture, place back in the oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.