How to make a Columbian Style Seafood Stew.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 2 hake steaks
- 2 giant prawns
- 4 tiger prawns
- 1/2 an onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 a red pepper, diced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 150ml white wine
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 100 ml double cream
- 1 fish stock cube
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- Juice of half a lime
- A small handful of coriander
- Start by shelling the smaller tiger prawns.
- Simmer in a pot with the wine and the fish stock cube until the liquid has reduced by about half.
- Strain and keep the liquid aside.
- Meanwhile, sweat the onion in some oil until softened, then add the garlic, red pepper, carrot, chilli, tomato puree, paprika and turmeric.
- Cook for a couple more minutes until everything is beginning to soften.
- Add the strained wine, cream and coconut milk and mix together.
- Place the hake in and cook through for 10-15 minutes.
- Hold the giant prawns over the hob flame for around 30 seconds each to bring out some of the flavours from the shells.
- Then add to the pot with the smaller prawns and simmer for 5 minutes or so until cooked.
- Squeeze in the lime juice then serve garnished with coriander alongside plenty of bread to soak up the sauce.