How to make a Colombian Seafood Stew.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 2 lbs swordfish, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 tablet fish bouillon
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 can 13.5 oz coconut milk
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil and butter.
- Add the onions, red pepper, garlic, green pepper, carrots and sautué, until tender and translucent, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add the cream, fish bouillon, coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Add the seafood and the swordfish.
- Cover, reduce the heat and cook for about 2 minutes until the clams open.
- Remove from the heat and discard any unopened shells.
- Add the wine and tomato paste, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, parsley and serve.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]