How to make Cod with Everything.
This is a traditional Christmas meal in Portugal and consists of cod, chickpeas, boiled cabbage and other vegetables, eggs and a delicious garlicky vinagrette. The exact name is “Bacalhau com todos”, which means “cod with everything”. This delicious dish is also served throughout the year as it is broadly popular.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 4 salt cod loins
- 8 potatoes
- 100 g of canned chickpeas
- 240 g of sliced cabbage
- 4 carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- olive oil extra virgin
- chopped parsley
- Always start by soaking the cod loins by placing the fish in a container and covered with water.
- The fish skin should be facing up.
- Change the water after about 12 hours.
- Leave soaking in the fridge for atleast 24 hours.
- Simmer the vegetables except the chickpeas in lightly salted water.
- When the vegetables are done add the soaked cod loins and let them simmer for 10 minutes.
- Boil the eggs.
- Heat the chickpeas before serving.
- Make a vinagrette from olive oil, vinegar and garlic.
- Serve the fish with boiled vegetables, chickpeas and eggs.
- Sprinkle with vinagrette and chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!