How to make Coconut Rice.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 3-4
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, such as jasmine
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ¾ cup water
- Rinse the rice a few times, until the water that drains away runs almost completely clear.
- Put in a medium, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat with coconut milk, water, sugar and salt.
- When the liquid comes up to a boil, give it a good stir, scraping the bottom of the pot.
- Cover the pot and turn the heat down to low.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then turn off the heat and let the rice rest for 10 minutes.
- Mix gently with a flexible rubber spatula.
- Taste, season with salt and serve.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.