How to make Coconut and Mango Chicken.
Ingredients: Serves 6
- 3 lbs chicken, cut into pieces, bone-in, skin-on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon yellow food colourant
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- ½ cup mango, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey, divided
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the coconut milk and mango to a blender and purée until smooth, about 10 seconds.
- Pour this mixture into an approximately 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish and then stir in the cayenne pepper and yellow food colourant.
- Add the chicken pieces, being sure each one is well coated with the marinade.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- After the chicken has marinated, pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
- Evenly drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil on a baking sheet.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and add them to the baking sheet, with a couple of inches between them.
- Do not rub the marinade off the chicken pieces, but do let any excess drip off into the baking pan.
- Do not throw it out as it will become a sauce later on.
- Season both sides of the chicken pieces generously with salt and pepper, leaving them skin side up.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the honey evenly over the chicken and place the baking sheet in the preheated 450°F oven.
- Once you see the chicken sizzling, after about 5 minutes, reduce the heat to 375°F.
- As you remove them from the oven, place them on a large plate or platter and cover with foil.
- While the chicken is baking, add the remaining marinade to a small saucepan.
- Mix in the last teaspoon of honey and bring to a boil.
- Let it boil for about 30 seconds, then turn the heat to low and simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve it with the chicken.
- This dish goes well with white rice!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.