How to make a Clementine And Chicken Traybake.
Succulent chicken, blended with warming spices, and sweet clementines are all baked together to create a delightful meal, that looks and tastes amazing.
Ingredients: Serves 4.
- 12 Chicken Drumsticks, 8 Chicken Thighs.
- 2 Small Red Onions, cut into quarters.
- 1 Garlic Bulb, cloves separated but not peeled.
- 4 Clementines, each sliced into 4 Pieces.
- 2 Tablespoons of Clear Honey.
- 2 Teaspoons of Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Chilli Flakes
- 400g Can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Olive Oil.
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Parsley, roughly chopped.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 425 F/Gas 7
- Put the chicken and garlic on a large baking tray.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add the fruit and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a glaze by mixing the honey, mustard, cinnamon and chilli flakes together in a small bowl.
- Remove the tray from the oven and reduce the heat to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6
- Spoon out the oily liquid from the baking tray and discard.
- Brush most of the glaze generously over the chicken.
- Next add the onion wedges and brush the rest of the glaze over them and the clementines.
- Return the tray to the oven, and cook for 15 minutes more, then spoon the chickpeas into the tray.
- Cook for 10 minutes more, then remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the top.
- Serve immediately.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.