How to make a Cilantro Beef Stew.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut in 2×2 inch pieces
- 2 potatoes, cut in four parts
- ¾ cup green peas
- ¾ cup diced carrots
- 1 chopped red onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon aji amarillo paste
- 3 cups cilantro leaves
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Put the cilantro and spinach in the blender and process with one cup water, then reserve.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over high heat and when it is very hot sear the beef pieces until they are golden brown.
- Add the onions, garlic and aji amarillo paste to the saucepan.
- Stir and let them cook until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Pour the cilantro mixture and turn the heat to medium.
- Stir constantly until the water evaporates.
- Add one tablespoon of oil, if necessary, to fry the herbs.
- The cilantro and spinach are going to get a dark green color.
- Pour 6 cups of water and simmer over medium-low heat for 2 hours with the lid on.
- Check constantly and add water if necessary.
- When the meat is fork tender add the potatoes, green peas, carrots, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- The stew is ready when the vegetables are cooked and the juice is reduced.
- Serve with rice.