How to make Churros with Salted Chocolate Sauce.
- 3/4 cup (180ml) pure (thin) cream
- 100g dark (70%) chocolate, chopped
- 150ml Moro Delicado Light Taste Olive Oil, plus extra to shallow-fry
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 2 1/2 cups (375g) plain flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1. Place the cream and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until chocolate is melted. Add 1/2 tsp salt flakes. Keep warm.
- 2. Place Moro Delicado Light Taste Olive Oil and half vanilla seeds in a saucepan over medium heat and stir for 2 minutes to infuse. Add pinch of salt and 2 1/2 cups (625ml) water, and bring to the boil. Stir in flour until thick and combined. Cook, beating the dough, for 2 minutes to cook out flour. Remove from heat and beat in the egg. Cool slightly, transfer to a piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm fluted nozzle.
- 3. Fill a deep frypan with 2cm Moro Delicado Light Taste Olive Oil and heat to 170°C (a cube of bread will turn golden in 2 minutes when oil is hot enough).
- 4. Squeeze dough into hot oil in 12-15cm strips and cut ends. Fry, turning regularly, for 4-5 minutes or until golden. Remove cooked churros and drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 5. Toss in caster sugar, cinnamon and remaining vanilla seeds while hot. Serve hot with the warm salted chocolate sauce.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.