How to make Chorizo Stuffed Peppers.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 4 large bell peppers, halved, cored and seeds removed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb spicy chorizo
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 8 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- avocado, cilantro, sour cream, for topping, optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F and add 1/4″ water to the bottom of a 9 x 13″ baking dish or similar sized casserole dish.
- Place the open bell peppers, arranged side by side, into the baking dish.
- In a large pan on the stove, over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil and then add the diced onion, cooking for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the chorizo, and cook until the meat has browned.
- Drain any excess oil, if there is any.
- Stir in the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning and chilli powder.
- Add the black beans, cooked rice, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Stir to combine, then remove from heat.
- Fill the peppers to the top with stuffing, about 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup.
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil, and place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and remove the foil, sprinkling the remaining cup of shredded cheese over the tops of the peppers.
- Cook for an additional 15 minutes, or until the peppers are fork tender.
- Place the pan under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to turn the cheese to a golden brown.
- Serve immediately, with avocado, cilantro and sour cream (optional).
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]