How to make Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms.
Ingredients: 4 servings
- 1 pound semi-cured Spanish chorizo
- 2 pounds button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Finely chop 1/2 of the stems, and either discard the remaining stems or reserve them for later use. Brush the top of the mushrooms with olive oil and place on a lined baking tray.
- Roughly chop the chorizo into 1-inch pieces. Using a food processor, finely mince the chorizo and set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is heated, add the minced chorizo and sautee until starting to turn golden and the fat starts releasing (roughly 3 mins).
- Add the mushroom stems, diced onion, and bell pepper and continue to cook for another 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- When the onion turns transparent, add the garlic and breadcrumbs and fry until the breadcrumbs become golden brown.
- Take the skillet off the heat.
- Gently spoon the chorizo and breadcrumb mixture into the mushrooms to create little mounds.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley leaves and serve immediately.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.