How to make Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers.
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut off and seeded
- 1 pound chorizo sausage
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 carrot, minced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- chopped fresh parsley
- chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup uncooked long grain rice
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can tomato soup
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Place peppers in boiling water, and cook 5 minutes. Remove, and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, cook chorizo until almost brown. Drain fat. Stir in celery, carrots, onions, and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, basil, rice, and water. Cover, and simmer until rice is cooked, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and mix in Monterey Jack, Cheddar, and Mozzarella cheeses.
- Place peppers upright on a baking sheet. Stuff each pepper with the chorizo mixture. Sprinkle extra cheese on top.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato soup with just enough water to give the soup the consistency of gravy. Pour generously over peppers. Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven about 30 minutes.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.