How to make a Chorizo & Spaghetti Squash Casserole.
INGREDIENTS: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Mexican Chorizo
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro to garnish (optional)
- To cook your spaghetti squash, pierce all over and microwave on high for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut in half, carefully scoop out seeds, and then remove the stringy flesh and set aside. (careful, it will still be HOT!)
- Cook the chorizo in a medium saute pan.
- Add the squash and salsa verde and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded cheese.
- Spread the mixture into one large or four smaller greased oven proof dishes. Press four dents into the mixture with the back of a large spoon and break one egg carefully into each depression.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree (F) oven for about 18 minutes (longer if you want your yolks firm.)
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.
Our “Done For You” keto meal plans are completely customized based on your food preferences and weight loss goals. CLICK HERE to start creating your customised plan. Simply follow it to achieve a successful keto diet!