How to make Chorizo Muffins.
Ingredients: Makes 12.
- 45g/ 1.5oz Unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing.
- 250g/ 8.5oz Self raising flour, plus extra for dusting.
- 4 Tablespoons of Sweetcorn, tinned or frozen.
- 140g/ 5oz Chorizo, diced.
- 2 large Eggs, lightly beaten.
- 5 Tablespoons of Olive oil.
- 150ml/ 5floz Milk, at room temperature.
- 150g/ 5.50z Natural yogurt.
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Parsley, roughly chopped.
- 3 Spring onions, thinly sliced.
- 150g/ 5.5oz Mature Cheddar, grated.
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tin with melted butter.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the chorizo and fry for 3-4 mins.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl combine the butter, egg, oil, milk, yogurt, chilli, parsley, spring onion, chorizo and sweetcorn with two-thirds of the cheese.
- Whisk well.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder, being careful not to overmix
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin, dividing it equally.
- Sprinkle the top with the mixture with the remaining cheese.
- Then plave in the oven and bake for 20-25 mins.
- When cooked remove from the oven and set aside.
- Let the muffins cool in the tins completely before serving.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.