How to make a Chorizo And Bean Burger.
This recipe uses chorizo for delicious burgers that family and friends with adore. Sometimes we just think of beef or pork meat for burgers, but they can be so much more. I have used chorizo and beans together, which combined create a fullfilling, delicious burger.
Ingredients: Serves 4.
- 100g/ 4oz of Spanish Chorizo
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- 2 x 400g tins Butter Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Paprika
- Juice of 1/4 of Lime.
- Large handful chopped fresh Coriander (optional)
- 1 Egg.
- Red onion and green salad for serving.
Preheat the oven to 190c/ 375f/ Gas 5
- Peel the skin off the chorizo and finely chop the meat into small cubes.
- Heat half of the oil in a frying pan and cook the chorizo for 5 minutes, then add the paprika.
- Then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Put the beans in a large bowl, and add the lime juice.
- Now crush the beans with a potato masher, until they are broken down.
- Add the chorizo and coriander and mix together.
- Now add the egg and stir, to combine all the ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into into 4 and shape into 4 burgers
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and cook the burgers for 3 minutes on each side.
- Then remove from the frying pan and place onto a baking tray.
- Place into the oven and bake for 12- 15 minutes.
Serve the burgers in good quality bread rolls, with a slice of red onion, green salad and homemade fries.