How to make Chorizo and Lentil Stew.
The earthy flavour of slowly cooked lentils combined with some spicy chorizo sausage for the perfect winter warmer.
- 500gr of dried pardina lentils
- 1.5ltr hot water
- 350g of fresh cooking chorizo sausage
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 leek (white only), washed and finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large beef tomato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp of Spanish smoked paprika dulce
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- In a large pan, heat 4 tablespoons of the oil and gently fry the chopped garlic, onion, carrot, leek, pepper and bay leaf for about 5 minutes or until soft. Add the smoked paprika and chopped tomato and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the lentils and cover with the hot water. Season the lentils with salt and and simmer with the lid on for about 40 minutes, preventing the liquid from boiling as the lentils will split. Shake the pan now and again to thicken the liquid.
- Whilst the lentils are cooking, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and fry the chorizo sausages for 2 minutes on each side. Drain on to some kitchen paper and add to the lentil stew for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Once the lentils are tender, cover with a lid and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving in warm soup bowls with some crusty bread.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.