How to make Chocolate and Coconut Macaroons.
Ingredients: Makes 36
- 14oz sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with the salt until firm peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Scoop tablespoon mounds of the coconut mixture onto the baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through baking.
- Transfer the sheets to cooling racks and let the macaroons cool completely on the sheets.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of each macaroon and refrigerate for about 10 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy!