How to make Chocolate Almond Cookies.
Ingredients for 3 dozen cookies:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter for greasing
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups finely ground almonds, plus 2 tablespoons roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Strega or Galliano liqueur
- 1/3 cup coffee, at room temperature
Heat the oven to 325F. Grease 2 parchment-lined baking sheets with the butter and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together baking powder and 1 tablespoon lukewarm water until dissolved, 20 seconds.
Combine ground and chopped almonds, flour, sugar, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, oil and salt in a large bowl. With a wooden spoon, vigorously stir in the baking powder mixture, liqueur and coffee to form a wet dough.
Divide the dough into 1-oz. portions. Using your hands, roll dough portions into balls and transfer to the prepared baking sheets spaced about 1-inch apart.
Bake until set, about 30 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks and let cool to firm before serving.