How to make a Chinese Shrimp Omelette.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
- 4 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 large eggs
- 1 stalk scallion, cut into 2-inch length (5 cm)
- 1/2 red onion, cut into rings and then cut the rings into halves
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 dashes ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Shaoxing cooking wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Beat the eggs with a fork or a pair of chopsticks.
- Add the oyster sauce, fish sauce, white pepper, sesame oil and Shaoxing wine.
- Stir to mix well.
- Heat up a wok or skillet and add the cooking oil.
- When the wok or skillet is fully heated, sauté the onion until aromatic or lightly caramelized.
- Add the shrimp and stir until they turn white on the surface.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- Let the omelette set for about 20-30 seconds.
- Stir, toss and flip the eggs around and cook thoroughly.
- Use the spatula to break up into chunks.
- Add the scallions and stir to combine well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]