How to make a Chinese Pepper Steak.
INGREDIENTS: 4 servings
- 1– 1/2 pounds flank steak, sliced thinly across the grain
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2– 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, cored, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1 medium red pepper, cored, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- Optional: Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Hot cooked rice, cooked according to package directions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, corn starch and ground ginger. Add steak slices. Stir with a large spoon to coat steak evenly. Cover and allow to marinate.
- Heat 1-1/2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add peppers and onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, or just until tender (stirring frequently). Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds, stirring frequently.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and return skillet to burner.
- Heat remaining vegetable oil in the skillet. Add steak and cook steak for 5-6 minutes, or until browned on all sides and fully cooked (stirring frequently).
- Return peppers, onions and garlic to skillet and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until heated thoroughly.
- Serve over hot cooked rice and garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.