How to make Chinese Orange Chicken.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup corn flour
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Dice the chicken breasts and place them into a large bowl,
- Mix together a quarter of a cup of orange juice, one teaspoon of dark soy sauce, one teaspoon of light soy sauce and one teaspoon of rice vinegar.
- Add the marinade to the chicken pieces together with half of the amount of garlic and ginger and leave to marinate for 5 minutes,
- Discard of the marinade, and coat each piece of chicken with corn flour, shaking off any excess flour.
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a wok over a high heat, add the coated chicken pieces and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the wok and set aside.
- Cut the spring onion finely, and add the white part to the wok together with the remaining garlic and ginger.
- Stir fry for about 30 seconds, then add the chicken back.
- To make the orange sauce, mix one teaspon of corn flour with one teaspoon of cold water and stir well to get a lump-free mixture.
- Add it to a bowl together with the remaining orange juice, soy sauces, sesame oil and rice vinegar. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken pieces and stir fry for about a minute, so that the sauce can cook and stick to the chicken.
- Serve with the green bits left from the spring onion.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.