How to make a Chilled Avocado Soup.
This soup is quick and easy to make, it is a great starter dish or a light lunch.
Ingredients: Serves 4.
2 Large Ripe Avocados or 4 Smaller Ones.
A Tablespoon of Lemon Juice.
1 Celery stick, cleaned and grated.
A Tablespoon of Tomato Puree.
3 x 140g/ 5oz of Cartons of Natural Greek Yogurt.
400ml/ 1/2 Pint of Vegetable Stock.
Dash of Tabasco Sauce or 1/2 Teaspoon of Paprika.
Salt and Pepper.
Chives to decorate ( optional).
- Halve the avocados, remove the stones and scoop out the flesh into a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice to the flesh. This is important as it stops the avocado from discolouring.
- Mash the lemon juice into the advocados.
- Now stir in the yogurt, celery, tabasco sauce and tomato puree.
- Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Now gently add the stock, little by little. Stirring all the time.
- You want to add enough stock to result in a pouring consistency.
- Add more seasoning if required.
- Now place the bowl in a refrigerator for 2 hours.
After this time, pour into individual serving bowls, and sprinkle some chopped chives on top.
Note: It needs to be prepared 2 hours before serving, as it needs to be chilled.