How to make Chicken with Sherry & Tarragon.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 free-range chicken, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 cups medium dry sherry
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped tarragon
- Olive oil for cooking
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- Ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in the frying pan.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, then fry the chicken on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from the pan and put to one side.
- In the oil, fry the shallots until translucent and golden brown.
- Add the garlic cloves and cook until slightly coloured.
- Reduce heat and return the chicken to the pan.
- Scatter the freshly chopped tarragon over the chicken, then pour over the vinegar and the sherry.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, then turn the heat to very low and continue cooking for a further 30 minutes, turning the chicken hallway through.
- When cooking is completed, remove chicken from the pan along with the shallots and garlic.
- Add the crème fraiche and seasonings to the liquid in the pan, mix, then pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Decorate the chicken with fresh tarragon and serve with vegetables and/or potatoes.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.