How to make a Chicken Tamale Pizza.
For the Crust:
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 3 tablespoons water
For the Pizza:
- 4 tablespoons refried beans or black bean puree
- 1/2 cup chicken, boiled and shredded
- enchilada sauce
- shredded or grated cheese (manchego or mozzarella are good options)
- pico de gallo
- cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a pizza pan or cookie sheet with non stick spray.
- Whisk all dry crust ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add egg and water and mix until it sticks together (it will not be the consistency of regular pizza dough, but should not be crumbly either).
- Spread on the cooking sheet keeping it about a ½ inch thick.
- Spray the top of the crust with non stick spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges are light brown.
- While pizza is cooking, toss chicken in enchilada sauce to coat evenly.
- Remove pizza after 15 minutes and use a spatula to make sure the pizza crust is not stuck on the pan.
- Place the pizza toppings on the pizza (in order listed above).
- ake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with pico de gallo and fresh cilantro.
- Cut into four large slices.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.