How to make a Chicken Stew with Kalamata Olives.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 chicken cut into 4 pieces
- 1 cup Kalamata olives (pitted)
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 200 g white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped (keep the juices)
- 100 ml dry white wine
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Flour-salt-pepper mixed together
- Pre-heat the oven at 180C degrees.
- Cover the chicken with the flour-salt-pepper mix.
- In a large skillet heat half of the olive oil.
- Sauté generously the chicken pieces on all sides.
- Place the sautéed chicken pieces in an oven pan.
- In another skillet heat the rest of olive oil.
- Sauté the onion until soft.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes and wine and continue simmering for a few minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken in the oven pan.
- Add the olives.
- Cover the oven pan and bake in the pre-heated oven for 1 ½ hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.