How to make Chicken Saltimbocca.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick.
- In shallow dish, mix flour, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture; shake off excess flour.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for about 8 minutes, turning once, until browned on the outside and no longer pink in the center.
- Top each chicken breast with 1 slice of prosciutto and 1 slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover skillet tightly and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle sage over chicken.
- Remove chicken from skillet to a serving platter and cover loosely with tent of foil, being careful not to let the foil touch the cheese.
- Increase the heat to high.
- Add broth to skillet.
- Heat to boiling, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Boil for about 3 minutes or until broth is reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Remove from heat and beat in butter.
- Spoon over chicken.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.