How to make Chicken and Rice Enchiladas.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 500 g chicken mince
- 375 g jar mild tomato salsa
- 30 g sachet taco spice mix
- 250 g brown rice, cooked
- 400 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 150 g Mexican Style cheese
- 10 regular flour tortillas
- 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 red cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 5 yellow grape tomatoes, quartered
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C / 180°C fan-forced.
- Grease a 3 litre rectangular ovenproof dish.
- Spread ⅓ cup of the tomato salsa over base of prepared dish.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken mince and cook, stirring to break up lumps for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the taco spice mix and stir to combine.
- Add rice, beans, spring onion and 2 tablespoons of the remaining salsa.
- Stir to combine
- For each enchilada, place a tortilla on a flat work surface.
- Top with 2 heaped tablespoons of chicken mixture and a tablespoon of cheese.
- Roll up to enclose filling and form a log.
- Place seam-side down in the prepared dish.
- Repeat to make 10 enchiladas in total.
- Whisk remaining salsa and diced tomato in a jug.
- Pour tomato mixture over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken and rice enchiladas topped with avocado, tomatoes and coriander leaves.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]