How to make Chicken Provencal.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 8 Chicken thighs
- 12 Cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 Medium-size shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 Pints of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 3-4 sprigs Fresh thyme or 1 tbsp dried thyme
- ½ cup Dates, halved and pitted
- 1 cup Green olives
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large oven proof pan, and place in the chicken skin side down.
- Cook the chicken without disturbing it for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Flip chicken over.
- Arrange the thyme, garlic cloves, shallots, cherry tomatoes, dates and green olives around the chicken, then add the wine to the pan and bring to a simmer
- Cover the pot with a lid and place in the oven.
- Cook in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
- Don´t forget the crusty bread for dipping in the delicious sauce!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.