How to make Chicken and Peaches Cooked in Cider.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 Kg Chicken drumsticks and thighs
- 2 medium Onions, halved and thinly sliced into strips
- 1 Green Pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 can Peach halves
- 1 tablespoon Runny Honey
- 1 tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 350ml Dry Cider
- 40g Butter
- 2 tablespoons Plain Flour
- Mix the Honey, Vinegar, Soy and 4 tablespoons of the Cider, pour over the Chicken pieces and marinate overnight.
- Remove, drain and reserve the marinade and pat dry.
- Melt half the Butter in a pan on a high heat and brown the Chicken quickly and all over, in batches, then reserve.
- Fry the Onion and Pepper 2-4 minutes and then reserve.
- Melt the remaining Butter, stir in the Flour, cook for 2 minutes, mix in the Marinade and then the remaining Cider, stirring well while mixing it in, season and taste.
- Put the Onion and Pepper in a casserole, place the Chicken pieces on top and then pour the sauce over it all.
- Cook at 190C (gas mark 5, 375F) for one hour and then drain the Peach halves, place on top of the Chicken and cook for 20 more minutes.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.