How to make Chicken and Olives.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 1 Handful of Pitted Green Olives.
- 1 Onion, sliced.
- 4 Fresh Parsley Sprigs
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped.
- Zest Of 1 Lemon.
- Juice of 2 Lemons.
- 200ml Chicken Stock.
- 2 Teaspoons of Paprika.
- Olive Oil.
- Salt and Pepper.
Fresh parsley, chopped and lemon wedges to garnish.
- The first thing to do is peel the garlic and chop into small pieces.
- Wash the parsley, pat it dry, and take the leaves, discarding the stems.
- Crush the garlic in a mortar, together with the parsley and a pinch of salt.
- Set aside.
- Peel the onion and thinly slice.
- Heat 3 Tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Place the chicken into the pan, and fry gently over a low heat .
- As they brown, remove them from the pan and place them on a plate.
- Add a little more oil if necessary, and then add the onion, cook the onion for 5 minutes over low heat.
- After that time, add the mortar mash, the lemon zest, the lemon juice and the chicken stock.
- Put the chicken back in the pot, and add the green olives.
- Now season with salt and pepper and paprika.
- Cover the pan and cook for 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked.
Divide the chicken between 4 serving plates. Sprinkle parsley over the top and add a couple of lemon wedges.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.