How to make a Chicken Nihari.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 800 g chicken pieces
- 5 tbsp ready made Nihari Masala
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 5 heaped tbsp wheat flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 medium onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 cups water
- fresh coriander
- fresh ginger
- fried onion
- green chillies
- On medium heat in a pan add 3-4 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp garlic and 1 tbsp ginger paste with the pieces of chicken and stir it for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add 5 tbsp ready made Nihari Masala and 1 tsp salt, with 1/4 cup water. stir it until all the water evaporates, then again add 1/4 cup water and stir on high heat until all the water evaporates.
- Add 8 cups of water and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Mix 5 tbsp wheat flour in 1 cup of water.
- Strain this wheat flour and water mixture so that the gravy will be smooth.
- Add this wheat flour and water mixture in the chicken and mix well.
- With half the lid on cook it on low heat for 20-25 minutes, stir in between.
- Then turn off the heat.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a frying pan, add the sliced onion and fry until brown.
- Add these fried onions with the oil on the chicken Nihari.
- Serve with the garnish, chop fresh coriander, julian cut ginger, chop green chillies and lemon slices.