How to make a Chicken Mozzarella Pasta.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (divided)
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta (or other bite-size pasta like ziti or penne)
- 1/2 onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (or tenders), cut into small pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves , chopped (divided)
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to high broil.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the cherry tomatoes on top, in a single layer.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil on top and broil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Boil the pasta, just until al dente, according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile in a separate large, oven-proof pan over medium heat add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add chicken pieces and cook for a few minutes until golden.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the oregano, basil, and parsley.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the roasted cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, half of the fresh basil, and the cooked pasta.
- Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella and the parmesan cheese on top.
- Place in preheated oven and broil for a few minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining chopped fresh basil on top.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]