How to make Chicken Milanesa.
Ingredients: 4 servings.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil canola works too
- Lemon wedges to serve
- To prepare the chicken, slice each of the breasts crosswise into two thin fillets. Place in a zip-lock bag and bash with a meat tenderizer or rolling pin to flatten out to about a 1/4-inch thickness.
- Take two medium-sized kitchen bowls. In the first, beat the egg. In the second, combine the breadcrumbs with the garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Dip each chicken fillet in the egg, then in the breadcrumb mix, and then place on a plate ready to fry.
- To fry the chicken, place a large skillet over medium heat and add the vegetable oil. When the oil is shimmering, fry the chicken fillets for about 5 minutes on each side without crowding the pan (you might only be able to do 1 or 2 at a time depending on the size of the skillet). Place chicken on a plate that has been covered with a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Serve hot, with lemon wedges on the side.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.