How to make Chicken Marbella.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup pitted prunes
- ½ cup pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon capers drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup minced italian parsley
- Prick the chicken all over with a fork.
- In a gallon-sized Ziploc bag combine the chicken, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, olive oil, prunes, olives, capers and bay leaves.
- Seal the bag and squish everything around for a a minute or two to mix all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Adjust an oven rack to the upper third of the oven.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F degrees
- Transfer the contents of the ziploc bag into a 10 x 7 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the chicken.
- Pour the white wine around the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 35 – 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken, spooning the sauce and the prunes and olives over the top and garnish with the parsley.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]