How to make Chicken Marbella.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup pitted prunes
- ½ cup pitted green olives I used Castelvetrano olives
- 1 tablespoon capers drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup minced italian parsley
- Prick the chicken all over with a fork. In a gallon-sized Ziploc bag combine the chicken, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, olive oil, prunes, olives, capers and bay leaves.
- Seal the bag and squish everything around for a a minute or two to mix all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- To cook:
- Adjust an oven rack to the upper third of the oven.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Transfer the contents of the ziploc bag into a 10 x 7 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the chicken.
- Pour the white wine around the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 35 – 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. (165 degrees on a meat thermometer placed in the thickest part of the thigh).
- Serve the chicken, spooning the sauce and the prunes and olives over the top and garnish with the parsley.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.