How to make a Chicken Madras Curry.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 ½ inch chunks and blotted dry
- 1 onion
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 knob ginger one inch
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon garam masala OR 1 teaspoon each, cumin, coriander and pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons hot chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and jalapeno to a mini food processor or blender. Blend until the mixture is pureed.
- Combine the spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the instant pot on the saute setting. Add the onion mixture and cook for 3 – 4 minutes until most of the water has evaporated.
- Add the spices and salt to the onion mixture and cook for 1 – 2 minutes until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook until all sides are brown, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and stir.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and set to pressure cook for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes do a manual release and, once the steam has escaped, open the instant pot. If the sauce is too watery, remove the chicken and cook the sauce on the saute setting until thickened.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.