How to make Chicken Lyonnaise.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch granulated sugar
- In a sturdy plastic bag, shake together flour, 1 tablespoon of the thyme, salt and pepper.
- One at a time, dip chicken breasts into egg, and then shake in flour mixture.
- In large deep skillet, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken in pan, skin side down.
- Cook, turning once, for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and place in 225F degree oven.
- Reduce heat to medium, add remaining oil to skillet.
- Stir in onions, garlic and remaining thyme; cook, stirring often, for five minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Increase heat to medium-high and continue to cook onions, stirring often, for five minutes or until golden brown.
- Add wine to pan; cook, stirring, to scrape up any brown bits, for about a minute or until reduced by half.
- Stir in stock, tomato paste and sugar.
- Boil for two minutes or until beginning to thicken.
- Return chicken to pan, turning to coat, and cook for five minutes or until juices from chicken run clear.
- Serve with your choice of vegetables and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]