How to make a Chicken and Lime Tagine.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 8 chicken thighs
- 150gm black olives
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green chilli, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- large knob of ginger, mined
- 250ml hot chicken stock
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 2 medium preserved limes, quartered and seeded centers removed
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- Olive oil
- large handful chopped coriander for garnish
- Heat a little oil in the tagine base and fry the chicken thighs skin side down until crisp and brown.
- Remove from the tagine and set aside.
- Using the fat from the chicken, fry the chopped onion until soft, followed by the minced garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric and green chilli.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes or until the spices are fragrant.
- Dissolve the sugar in the hot chicken stock.
- Add the stock and lemon juice to the onion and spice mixture.
- Place the chicken thighs skin side up back into the tagine dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter with the preserved lime pieces and olives.
- Place a lid on top and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]