How to make a Chicken and Chorizo Bake.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 Kg chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 small parsnip
- 1 yellow pepper
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 whole pepper corns
- 1 tsp Provence herbs
- 1/2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Dust the chicken in flour and fry in olive oil in the casserole dish until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Fry the chopped onion, carrot, celery and garlic until soft.
- Add the chorizo.
- Add the ground coriander and paprika and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the white wine and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chopped yellow pepper and parsnip, along with the cinnamon, peppercorns and Provence herbs.
- Add the tomato purée and chicken stock.
- Add the chicken back to the pan.
- Cook in a low/medium oven for 90 mins to 2 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.