How to make Chicken Acqua Pazza.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced diagonally
- 100g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1 leek, white part only, thickly sliced
- 1 baby fennel, trimmed, halved, cut into wedges (fronds reserved)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 fresh oregano sprigs, plus extra to serve
- 2 long red chillies, sliced
- 2 truss tomatoes, halved crossways
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- fresh crusty bread, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Cook chicken for 3 minutes each side or until browned.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan over medium heat.
- Cook leek and fennel, stirring for 3 minutes or until just soft.
- Add garlic, oregano and half of the chilli.
- Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the wine.
- Simmer for 3 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add stock and 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes to allow flavours to develop.
- Return chicken to the pan with celery and beans.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with extra oregano, remaining chilli and reserved fennel fronds.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy with fresh crusty bread!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]