How to make Cherry And Chicken Bake.
Cherries are a great source of fibre as well as containing essential minerals such as potassium and, to a lesser extent, calcium. They are also rich in content of vitamins A,B, C, K and folic acid. Cherries are full of antioxidents that help fight free radicals, and anti-inflammatory action compounds. So we should all incorporate them into our diet while we can.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make and super delicious, so have a go, and enjoy this super fruit.
Ingredients: Serves 4
8 Chicken thighs
2 Red onion, cut into wedges.
500g Baby Potatoes, halved
3 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar.
Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water, and season with salt.
- Place over a medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove and drain the potatoes.
- Put the chicken thighs, red onion wedges and potatoes in an ovenproof dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season and place in the oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes turn the potatoes and onions, stir in the cherries and drizzle over the balsamic vinegar.
- Return to the oven and roast for 20–25 mins, until the potatoes are tender and the chicken cooked through.
- Remove and serve immediately.