How to make a Cheesy Vegetable Chowder.
Ingredients: 8-10 Servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion white or yellow onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) chicken broth
- 3 cups peeled and chopped potatoes
- 1½ cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1½ cups chopped broccoli fresh broccoli not frozen
- 2 cans (15 oz each) corn do not drain
- 1 can (15 oz) creamed corn
- 2 cups milk whole milk or 2%
- 1 packet (2.6 oz) country style gravy
- 8-12 oz Velveeta cubed
- In a large soup pot, over medium-high heat, add butter, onion, and celery. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and peeled & chopped potatoes to the soup pot. Bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and let it cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Add broccoli, celery, corn, and canned corn to the soup pot. Stir together and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- In a glass measuring cup or bowl, add the contents from the gravy packet and the milk. Stir with a whisk until it’s mixed well.
- Once carrots & broccoli are cooked, add the milk and gravy mix, and cubed Velveeta cheese into the soup pot. Stir and let it cook for about 5-10 minutes until everything is combined and Velveeta is melted.
- Leftovers keep well in a covered container in the fridge for about 3 days. I heat up leftovers in the microwave but you can also heat them up in a soup pot on the stove top.